07 July, 2010

Sea Bird Center


I can't believe we haven't visited the highly rated sea bird center here in North Berwick yet! I guess I can check it off the list now though!

Remember Bass Rock?


Yup, that massive rock used to be the plug of a volcano. It also used to be covered in grass which means sheep and bunnies lived there. There was a castle and a church as well. But now that rock has been overtaken by Gannets and the whole thing is covered in bird poo. Eew.

Remarkably though, there are all sorts of birds (and seals at times) living on the island. We were able to experience their lives while visiting the center where they have live cameras on the island. These Puffins are adorable!


When I turned around I noticed something small dart across the room:

What is that?

Who stole chocolate buttons?

Guilty, guilty....


And a few more pics of North Berwick:


No comments: