
Jan took us out for one seriously perfect day while visiting in Loch Lomond. After testing out my driving (I started out on the wrong side of the road..oops!) we made some good practice and were well on our way. She led us to Lake of Menteith, the only lake in Scotland (the rest are "Lochs") and we caught a small boat over to the island. There on the island is the "Inchmahome Priory" built in 1238 by Augustinian Canons. A lot of the ruins are still intact and the kids had a ball running around and through them. We had a picnic lunch and spent the afternoon in a casual way, laughing mostly at Teddie (Jan's dog)
and the kids. I was surprised to see how quiet and relaxed the area was considering what a beautiful day we had. There were only a handful of people about and everybody seemed to be having picnics and lazy days too! It was very obvious why they had chosen this area for their tranquility and rest from the world!
Finn and his best bud Teddie:
When Mary Queen of Scots was only 5 years old, she was brought here for safe keeping which I thought was interesting! I was too busy soaking in the sun to take many pictures...darn!
Thank you Jan for devoting the perfect day to us...I loved it!
05 July, 2010
Inchmahome Priory
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
4:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment