We were invited by our friends Kersty and Gareth Baird to join them for an overnighter on their farm last weekend. They live down by the borders in an amazing part of the world. The countryside is just so...green! So many colors of green! I must get a picture next time! Like I said before, farms are generally passed from generation to generation so many times the families have been on their land for just that, generations. Gareth and Kersty are such genuine people, we truly had an amazing night!
One of the first things we did was hop into the old van and head out to the cattle. Gareth pulled up in the middle of the field and all the cattle surrounded us within seconds. I think I had perma-grin :)
Kersty's Aga stove...I think I'm in love!
The beloved "summer house". The kids pretty much lived here the whole time we weren't out exploring. Their daughter Lucy had her old dollhouse in there and the girls were in love with it!
We also had some more friends {the Sandersons} over for a BBQ that night. We stayed up WAY too late laughing!
These old tin toys kept the kids happy as ever! There were even some that Gareth's dad used to play with!
06 July, 2010
The Farm
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment