Overlooking Loch Ness is this huge castle, Urquhart. There is not a lot of it left which is surprising since it was once one of the largest strongholds in Scotland. It was still really impressive though! The date of the castle is somewhat unknown since there are a few references as early as the 6th century. The later date which is positively right is 1296 since that is when Edward I captured it. What a history it has!
This is a massive reconstructed catapult or "trebuchet"
17 July, 2010
Urquhart Castle
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am loving these posts!! I can't remember if I had told you or not but we went to Scotland two summers ago and we totally went to the Loch Ness and the castle that over looks it. The drive up to loch ness frome Edinburough (or however you spell it) was beyong gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment